Central regions | Retail, FMCG | Finance, business

In 2020, Russians spent $43+bn on online shopping

19 Feb '21
Russia’s e-commerce market topped $43.2bn last year, a 58.5% increase from the 2019 results, portal Firrma.ru quoted a recent report by Russia’s E-commerce Companies Association. Domestic e-commerce revenue (without cross-border trade) nearly doubled compared to 2019, reaching $37.6bn ($19.5bn in 2019).

In 2021, analysts expect a further increase in this country’s overall e-commerce market to more than $50bn, with domestic e-commerce platforms and marketplaces accounting for $43+bn.

Last year, e-commerce accounted for 9.6% of Russia’s total retail sales. In 1H 2020, e-commerce reached 10.9%, a historical record so far in this country. The market’s domestic segment covered an impressive 86% last year, leaving to cross-border trade a modest 14% (71% and 29%, respectively, in 2019).
Publish in Twitter
Write to Facebook
Google Buzz
Write to LiveJournal
Show in MM
Share MK
COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Find Related Content

Locations:

Tags: e commerce (10) /

Latest News: Central regions
24 Sep '21 | Technology & innovation
21 Sep '21 | Technology & innovation
20 Sep '21 | Technology & innovation
20 Sep '21 | Transport, logistics | Finance, business
 

Feature stories

2 Aug '21
From enhancing the properties of existing materials...
24 May '21
Biophysicists have looked into the way vitally...
1 Apr '21
Search (News archive - 22748)
Advertising
Marchmont Tech Solutions_ENG
NATT
Advertising
Marchmont News

Latest News

27 Sep '21
Russian scientists have developed a device that can...
24 Sep '21
Russia ascended from 47th to 45th place in the 2021...
23 Sep '21
Russian companies are developing a “digital passport”...

Most read stories from last week

27 Sep '21
Russian scientists have developed a device that can...