Central regions | Finance, business | Telecoms, media

Russiaís top classifieds website now valued at nearly $4bn

6 Feb '19
Naspers, a multinational Internet and media group headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa, has taken full control of Avito.ru, Russiaís number one classifieds site, boosting its stake from 70.4% to 99.6%, EWDN reported. The Avito management holds the remaining 0.4%.

The $1.16bn deal valued Avito at $3.85bn, up from $2.7bn in 2015 when Naspers acquired a controlling stake in the company.

ďAvito is the leading online classifieds player in Russia and our decision to increase our stake reflects our belief in the long-term prospects of this great business and the Russian Internet market,Ē Naspers CEO Bob van Dijk said.

Today, Avito claims to publish 400,000 new classifieds every day and process 120 new deals per minute. The number of classifieds on the platform exceeds 48 million.
Publish in Twitter
Write to Facebook
Google Buzz
Write to LiveJournal
Show in MM
Share MK
COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Find Related Content

Locations:

Tags: classifieds (0) / Naspers (0) / Bob van Dijk (0) / Avito (0) /

Latest News: Central regions
20 Jun '19 | Technology & innovation | Finance, business
19 Jun '19 | Finance, business | Technology & innovation
18 Jun '19 | Finance, business | Technology & innovation
17 Jun '19 | Telecoms, media | Finance, business
13 Jun '19 | Finance, business | Retail, FMCG
 

Feature stories

26 May '19
This article has been written by Carl Burch, an MBA,...
4 Apr '19
Russian scientists have come up with what they say is...
29 Jan '19
Russian biologists and biophysicists have developed...
Search (News archive - 21362)
Advertising
Venture_Russia_2018
Advertising
NATT
Advertising
Independent Software Developers Forum
Advertising
Marchmont News

Latest News

20 Jun '19
A Moscow-based company called MindScore has come up...
19 Jun '19
ID R&D, a U.S.-based biometric tech company founded...
18 Jun '19
A VC fund owned by Russiaís national telecom operator...

Most read stories from last week

18 Jun '19
A VC fund owned by Russiaís national telecom operator...
19 Jun '19
ID R&D, a U.S.-based biometric tech company founded...
20 Jun '19
A Moscow-based company called MindScore has come up...